1) What are your office hours? Mon, Tues, and Weds - 4:45 PM - 7:30 PM and every other Sat - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM (Hours are subject to change & by appointment only)
2) How can I schedule an appointment? Email me to schedule a consultation call. The call is required prior to scheduling an appointment. The purpose of the 15-20 min call is to determine if I can be of assistance to you and if you are the best fit for my expertise. If not, referral will be made elsewhere.
3) What is your cancellation policy? Appointment reminders will be sent via text and/or email two days prior to the appointment. If not canceled at a minimum of two days prior to the appointment, the client will be billed the total session rate for the missed appointment. If using insurance, the charge for the missed session will include what the insurance would have reimbursed for the missed session. All bills must be paid in full before scheduling another appointment. Any pending appointments will be canceled until the full balance is paid.
4) What is your termination policy? Clients are terminated after 90 consecutive days of inactivity (e.g., no services or contact with the provider). It can be mutually agreed upon by the provider and the client. Services and care can also be terminated by the provider due to a lack of progress, or not a good fit. In these cases, discussion and referral are made elsewhere.
5) What is your fax number? 888-975-3160
6) What insurances do you accept? On the Contact page, all insurances accepted are in the drop-down menu. Please remember, you, the client can terminate services at any time and that counseling is temporary.
7) What are acceptable forms of payment? Cash or major credit cards (e.g. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) and CashApp. With credit card and CashApp payment, there is an additional 3% surcharge fee including in-person and when paying a Square invoice. The total payment is due at the time of service. If not paid in full, the client will not be able to schedule again until the full balance is paid.
8) If you are not accepting new clients, where else can I look for qualified counselors/therapists? National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) - national credentialing body for counselors (https://www.nbcc.org/Search/CounselorFind), Good Therapy - Online directory of counselors in the area (https://www.goodtherapy.org/), your insurance provider's website and search for provider feature, or call your insurance company at the Member Services phone number on the back of your insurance card
9) Are there problems that you do not treat? I do not treat active drug and/or alcohol addictions, interpersonal violence (IPV), or complex sexual assault/abuse/trauma. Also, I do not offer marriage/couples counseling. Please refer to a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) who specializes in this area. If applicable, you can have your spouse or partner come to a limited number of sessions.
10) My child or teenager is out of control can you help me? I do not provide services to anyone under 18 years of age. Please click on the following links for resources in the area for children experiencing mental wellness concerns:
If using Medicaid benefits, call Community Behavioral Health (CBH) Member Services at 1-888-545-2600. If you have private insurance, you can call the Member Services number on the back of your card for assistance or lookup providers on the insurer's website.
11) The court requires a letter specifying I completed anger management, counseling, etc? I offer individual counseling. Please check with court requirements to see if that will cover anger management. I do not offer anger management workshops or classes.
12) How many sessions are required before I am done? The number of sessions depends on the individual. Short-term assistance may take 6-12 sessions. Most of my clients attend sessions biweekly. Weekly sessions are for more severe or acute conditions. Duration differs on a case-by-case basis. Please remember, you, the client can terminate services at any time and that counseling is temporary.
We all deserve an opportunity for happiness, overall well-being, and success.
Enhance your interpersonal skills, increase self-awareness, and satisfaction with relationships.
Enhance your clinical skills and grow professionally with an experienced clinician.